2001 MSU-CIBER Annual Advisory Board Meeting
The 2001 annual meeting of the CIBER Advisory Board was held on 23 March 2001 at the Kellogg Center. Business and government representatives present were:
- Nat Adamson, retired from Ford Motor Company
- Toshikata Amino, retired from Honda of America
- Sandy Beall, IBM Corporation
- Geoffrey B. Bloom, retired from Wolverine World Wide, Inc.
- Janet Clark, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- John W. Clark, CMS Energy Corporation
- Shahriar Ghoddousi, The John Henry Corporation
- Norman Gilbert, retired from The Budd Company
- John Hornick, Pharmacia Corporation
- Vicky Jones, GM University
- Peter M. Lyon, Dow Chemical Company
- Lynn Myers, General Motors Corporation
- William Parfet, MPI Research
- Senator Don Riegle
- John Riesenberger, Pharmacia Corporation
- Marc Santucci, ELM Corporation
- Trygve Vigomstad, Polydisplay, Inc.
- Peter Walters, Guardian Industries Corp.
Michigan State University representatives were:
- G. Geoffrey Booth, A.J. Pasant Chair and Chairperson of Finance
- Donald Bowersox, Interim Dean, The Eli Broad College of Business & Graduate School of Management
- Roger Calantone, Professor of Marketing and Director of Research Initiatives, CIBER
- Robert Church, Acting Vice Provost for Student Outreach
- Susan Haka, Professor and Chairperson of Accounting
- John Hudzik, Dean, International Studies and Programs
- Robert Huggett, Vice President, Research and Graduate Studies
- Tomas Hult, Director, MSU-CIBER
- Elvin Lashbrooke, Associate Dean for Administration and Research
- Bruce Magid, Director, MSU Global Initiatives
- Robert Nason, Professor and Chairperson, Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Patricia Paulsell, Professor of German, Co-Director, MSU CLEAR Director, Business Languages, MSU CIBER
- Scott Whiteford, Director, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- S. Tamer Cavusgil, University Distinguished Faculty, MSU-CIBER Executive Director
MSU educators Frank Rothaermel and Brent Adamson presented highlights of their international research to the group and were well received. Tomas Hult, Director of the International Business Center spoke about the commitment made by both the University and The Eli Broad College of Business to the study abroad experience. Many executives commented on the importance of international experience to the individuals they eventually hire. Bruce Magid presented the university-wide initiatives involving eLearning and other strategies for globalizing MSU. The alpha release of the global knowledge portal, globalEDGE was also presented, and well received.
The next annual meeting will be on 15 March 2002.