Curriculum Development Grant
Faculty and doctoral students are invited to apply for MSU-CIBER grants to support curriculum development that are of importance to international competitiveness of U.S. firms. MSU-CIBER operates on a monthly review cycle, and proposals may be submitted at any time. As a policy, MSU-CIBER supports scholarly activities that have a significant international dimension.
Faculty are invited to submit applications for CIBER Curriculum Development Grants to strengthen the international dimensions in business education and thereby contribute to the preparation of well-informed business leaders and the improvements of U.S. competitiveness in the global economy. Funds will be awarded for the following types of projects, listed in order of priority:
- Modification of existing course to add more international content.
- Development of new departmental courses with an international, cross-national, or comparative focus.
- Development of interdisciplinary courses with an international, cross-national, or comparative focus.
- Identification and/or development of curriculum materials that will add international, cross-national, or comparative dimensions to an existing course or sequence.
Applications should include the application form with a narrative proposal, two to five pages in length. The proposal should document the rationale for the curriculum project (need, objectives, impact) and discuss the content of the new/revised course.
As proposals are reviewed, the first consideration in evaluating a project will be its relevance to U.S. competitiveness in the global marketplace. You are urged to emphasize that aspect of the proposal.
Reporting of Results
After a grant is provided and the project completed, a report must be submitted to the Center for International Business Education and Research. The report should include a summary of accomplishments, a brief accounting of how grant funds were actually spent, and a copy of the syllabus for the new/revised course and/or any materials as part of the curriculum project.
If you have questions or need more information about MSU-CIBER's Curriculum Development Grant Program, please contact:Irem Kiyak
International Business Center
645 N. Shaw Ln Rm 7
East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
- Fill out the following Curriculum Development Grants Application Form
- Press the 'Submit Application' Button at the bottom